Sunday, August 11, 2013

Family vacation

I'm trying to come up with a blog post that will expend the lowest amount of energy possible. I thought uploading a photo would be a good summary of the weekend, since those seem to be half of what family vacations are all about, but it would be too much effort to try to figure out how to get the photo onto the blog when I'm using a netbook and a phone and I'm too tired to know how to put them together. (Don't tell me. Maybe I'll figure it out later.)

This will not approach close to 1000 words, but I can try to put together a picture.

I have bruises all over my legs from active climbing while playing woodchips.
I have sore feet from being barefoot on surfaces like gravel and forest trails on which people were not meant to be barefoot.
I have sunburn on my face from long amounts of time in the pool, even though I applied sunscreen. (Skin cancer is serious.)
I will be delighted to sleep on a bed instead of on a sleeping bag separated from the ground by only a thin layer of tent.
I will not want to wake up for work tomorrow because my body will be recovering from long days divided by nights spent on a sleeping bag separated from the ground by only a thin layer of tent.
I should stretch, because if I don't, my legs will be angry at me in the morning.
I have a sore neck from trying to find creative positions to sleep while in the car.

I have a wonderful family.
I love vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment